Yeah, I know, I missed the posts for Days 1-3. Nothing very eventful happened those day other than me discovering that I’m not as flexible as I was a 16, and then becoming incredibly sore to the point that I couldn’t move! I did discover, though, that your hamstrings are there to offer stability and support and if they’re compromised balancing during walking, getting out of bed, or off the couch or toilet is an interesting experience.
A Quick Summary
- Day 1: 30 min of Hatha Yoga
- Day 2: 30 min of Hatha Yoga (thought doing some more yoga might help the soreness… not sure it was a good idea)
- Day 3: 30 min on our new semi-recumbent bike. Averaged about 12mph and avg heart rate between 115-120bpm, and depending on how you calculate things, I burned between 300-500 calories.
Now, onto Day 4…
- Scatmambo – John Scatman
- Typical – Mute Math
- Them – Jem
- Take Me Out – Franz Ferdinand
- Another One Bites The Dust – Queen
- Whip It – Devo
- Inni mer syngur vitleysingur – Sigur Ros
- Stillness Is The Move – Dirty Projectors
I benched a whopping 20# plus the bar, curled another 10#, did some wall pushups, and attempted some other stuff, but my legs just couldn’t handle it… too sore.
Overall Summary – My starting weight is 150#. This is the heaviest I’ve been in years. Gotta love those depression meds. When I started them, I had the wonderful side effect of having no appetite and I went from 140# down to nearly 125#. At about the 6 month mark on the Zoloft, I ballooned up to 150#. It wasn’t that I was eating any more than I had been previously, or that I was eating any worse. If anything, I’d been eating better! Anyways, I don’t look too heavy, but courtesy of my PCOS, it has all settled around my belly. In the last month or two I’ve been asked several times how far along I am. *Face Palm* Xannataos says to take it this way: At least I’m not one of those people that’s plump all over and obviously overweight. I get what he’s saying, and in a way it does make me feel better (does that make me a bad person?).
Anyways, tomorrow is Cardio Day, so I’m going to try to do about 60 minutes on the bike! Wish me luck!